(keitai-l) Re: Nokia and Motorola to enter the Japanese market with Vodafone

From: nick may <nick_at_kyushu.com>
Date: 12/03/03
Oh I know all about the infobar - and welcome it as a sign that
someone, somewhere, is trying to move the market on through design
rather than features.

I guess it will appeal to the same crowd that bought that wierd
sony/erricson clamshell (the orange / blue one).

But it is "thin" in the same way that my P504i clamshell is thin when I
open it. It's too long for a back pocket (sit on it and you would break
it) and definitely too long for a trouser front pocket ( "... or are
you just pleased to see me...?") 11mm it may be, but it is still a
hefty phone.

So a good attempt - but not up to the standards of my old F209 (I think
that's what it was) for pocketability.

I hope that in terms of features QVGA screen, 2megapixel cameras and
memory cards will mark a plateau and that in future manufacturers will
try to differentiate themselves through styling, thinness, etc etc.

for those who have not seen the infobar, here it is...
http://k-tai.impress.co.jp/cda/article/news_toppage/15900.html

Nick