(keitai-l) Re: Nokia and Motorola to enter the Japanese market with Vodafone

From: Jonas Petersson <zap_at_xms.se>
Date: 12/03/03
Curt Sampson wrote:
> On Wed, 3 Dec 2003, Nick May wrote:
>>Some foreign phones can manage this, I gather - though no Japanese ones
>>as far as I am aware.
>
> I agree that it's a failing, though for me, anyway, it's pretty minimal,
> since I can't imagine doing anything serious via a phone, anyway. Even
> on my one of my PDAs, where I do have ssh and direct Internet access, I
> never use it.

I guess it may depend on what you do. As for me, I (for instance)
regularly start off a performance test on friday afternoons and then
keep an eye on the progress from the pub. From ssh on my phone I can
easily fix and/or monitor anything while I sip my ale... Similarly I may
be called out to investigate what's wring with someone's dialup system
(modem/ISDN/whatever), using ssh on my phone I can then monitor the
modem pool's logs etc while experimenting with the settings on the box -
exeedingly convenient.

You don't miss it until you've had it - but then I'm rather a geek...

			/ Jonas
--
Jonas Petersson  |  XMS Penvision  |  mailto:Jonas.Petersson@xms.se
Box 3294, Västgötegatan 13, S-600 03 Norrköping | http://www.xms.se/