(keitai-l) Re: Rispondi: Re: Rispondi: Re: Nokia and Motorola to enter the Japan

From: Giovanni Bertani <giovanni.bertani_at_exsense.com>
Date: 12/03/03
Really what I think is that there is a lot to work on the mere
form-factor and right features issue. After using the Treo 600
for a while i really think that this is really important.
It is strange to me too see the Japanese market without
something similar to the Treo, Nokia 6600 or P900.

Maybe this due to the fact that they keep their walled garden
well defended by not requiring that kind of phones (No
direct pop imap e-mail access and no web-browsing).

On the contrary...
PDAs that are usually  not designed and distributed by telco
operators have no limits at all under this point of view.

I don not see the logic of this Japanese tabu...

I do not see why this should damage the mobile vas market.

It was curios to hear at the i-mode italian launch some negative
comments by the marketing manager of i.mode wind about
the Nokia 6600 with the Opera browser. "They should work
with us not against us".

As Apple has finally introduced the right form factor and features
device we could see this done by some western company
selling phones to Vodafone KK maybe with Symbian.

Cheers

Giovanni