(keitai-l) Slowing down keitai spam

From: Paul Hardy <pjh_at_bushcat.com>
Date: 12/10/03
I'm wondering how the three providers in Japan tackle spam at a practical
level.

On my Vodafone, I now get 2 or 3 a day, after a LONG time receiving none at
all. They are typically emails apparently sent from another Vodafone to a
group of 5 target phone numbers. I assume this is done with the sending
phone attached to a computer. Am I right? The computer presumably does this
over and over again. I think Vodafone throttles many emails coming from
outside the system, but does it do the same with emails apparently generated
by another keitai?

Going through my options, I see that I can do the following:

Set up a whitelist OR a blacklist OR do nothing.

Accept/reject emails with the approved "Unsolicited..." text (and how many
spammers actually do that??)

Can store stuff in the mailbox sent to multiple addresses.

The Au service seems to allow a list of 20 entries to be blocked at the
network level. The 20 entries can contain partial matches.

What does Docomo do? Do the providers collaborate on their anti-spam
measures?