(keitai-l) Re: Sound Files

From: Joseph Bowbeer <jozart_at_blarg.net>
Date: 12/11/03
Isamar asks:

>For Docomo, Au and Vodafone, which audio formats can I use?

If you are asking specifically about formats suitable for voice, that would
rule out MFi and SMAF, which are the only formats supported by Docomo and
Vodafone, respectively.

According to the specs, KDDI/au supports QCELP in addition to SMAF.  QCELP
is suitable for voice.

Of course, the above is disregarding the (im)practicalities of email
attachments on these devices...

[ I posted a similar question last week but it never appeared... ]

The question that I posted last week concerned support for WaveTable and/or
PCM files in the 505i series.  According to http://505i.nttdocomo.co.jp some
models support WaveTable and some support PCM, so I assume you could play
one of these files in a browser.  But does anyone know if the DoJa API
provides a method to play these formats?  (If so, I can't find it.)