(keitai-l) Re: Ultra-Handy Smart-Chip Phone

From: Curt Sampson <cjs_at_cynic.net>
Date: 12/18/03
On Thu, 18 Dec 2003 Martyn_Williams@idg.com wrote:

> Each card has its own ID so it would be easy enough for your company to
> deregister one ID and enable another one on their security system. I don't
> think anything special would need to be done on the handset.

You would certainly want to do something special on the handset, like
downloading an application that holds a secret key, since you've got no
way to know that a card isn't lying about its ID. I'd presume that the
IDs are fairly easy to find out, and thus make very bad secrets.

cjs
--
Curt Sampson  <cjs_at_cynic.net>   +81 90 7737 2974   http://www.NetBSD.org