(keitai-l) Re: keitais killing digital consumer cameras (Ore more) softly

From: nick may <nick_at_kyushu.com>
Date: 12/19/03
 >keitais killing digital consumer cameras

NO!

Keitais are killing the mobile telephone.

What we have now are HIDEOUS devices that simply do not hack it as
regards their basic function - making phone calls. The killer app of
keitai isn't email, it's PHONE CALLS!

But to keep the operator's profits high we have to carry around ever
heavier lumps of high-tech crap that don't do ANYTHING well - and have
truly dire voice quality.

Give me super slim phone and a decent pda anytime. Something like an
ipod on steroids would do. Vast amounts of high speed storage is what i
want, with a basic interface and the ability to hang it off a real
computer.

Nick