(keitai-l) Re: keitais killing digital consumer cameras (Ore more) softly

From: Tom Hume <tom_at_futureplatforms.com>
Date: 12/22/03
On 22 Dec 2003, at 04:26, Curt Sampson wrote:

> Well, I'd say that the keitai manufacturers disagree with you.
> Otherwise
> why would they be putting in cameras with resolution fifteen (or, now,
> thirty) times that the screen can display? The only way to get the
> images off is by using the memory card; you cannot send them to another
> phone, or send them by e-mail at all. These are not, to my mind, the
> characteristics of images one transferres from phone-to-phone.

Ah, this is a development which afaik we've not yet seen here in the
UK. All the cameraphones I've seen over here support the delivery of
pictures using MMS, email, or bluetooth, etc. - and I'm not aware of
any handsets which offer more than 640x480 resolution available here
yet....

...which is what prompted my post. I can't understand why, if it's
economical to produce better cameras in handsets (as is the case in
Asia), it hasn't been done here yet...

---
Future Platforms Ltd
www.futureplatforms.com