(keitai-l) Re: Mobitopia reports N-Gage at 140 euros and falling....

From: Steve Oldmeadow <steve_at_smoco.com>
Date: 03/12/04
On 11 Mar 2004 at 13:01, Giovanni Bertani wrote:

> The N-Gage is on sale in Germany at 149 euros:
>
> http://www.mobitopia.com/20040311.html#110359
>
> Is this the end word at the N-Gage success?

Or is it the start?  As the article states you are getting a lot of technology for your
euro at 149 and the price is likely to fall even more.  Don't forget most consoles like
the Playstation 2 never took off until their price dropped substantially.

The nice thing about the N-Gage is that even if manufacturers stop producing
games specifically for it you can still play all the Series 60 Symbian and J2ME
games.

You seem quite obsessed about seeing the N-Gage fail.  Why do you think it
matters what happens with the N-Gage?  I think Nokia should be commended for at
least having a go.  All the advertising they did for it has certainly raised public
awareness about mobile gaming which can only be good for all of us that reside
outside Japan.

Steve