(keitai-l) Re: "NTT DoCoMo FOMA Subscribers Top 3 Million"

From: Ken Chang <carigate_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 03/31/04
at the moment, the top three best seller handsets are FOMA: P900i,
N900i, and SH900i.  take N900i if you want a Toyota, or SH900i if
you want a Mercedes (as DoCoMo says, if I remember it right).

the speed of customers switching to 3G is similar to what au/KDDI
did in late 2002 and early 2003.  since DoCoMo is nearly 3 times as
big, they should be able to go yet faster.  au/KDDI's new Sony and
Sanyo handsets are also flying across the counters.

there are still things we have to see, one is new added customers
that will be published next week.  the second is there are lots of
FOMA users complain about the handsets like before, like the battery
life.  switching to FOMA also means they will lose some advantage
PDC has over cdma2000, such as coverage and network latency.

while DoCoMo and KDDI both look well, I think Vodafone Japan should
work harder to get its new services in position quickly.

besides these, there are two major battlefields ahead: EC and TV.
don't miss the show.