(keitai-l) Re: location based gaming

From: Sam Joseph <gaijin_at_yha.att.ne.jp>
Date: 04/06/04
Hi Michael,

Thanks for that - I hadn't realised the F505i had GPS.
Armed with that knowledge I was able to find the following.

http://www.nttdocomo.co.jp/p_s/corporations/dlp/tag/
http://www.nttdocomo.co.jp/english/p_s/products/keitai/505i/f505igps/f505igps.html

Although I am not sure that Gerhard was refering to a GPS based app, and
personally I was more interested in some generic i-area functionality
that would work across multiple phones.

Checking the latest 3.0 docs it looks like there is a
LAUNCHED_FROM_LOCATION_INFO flag to indicate that an appli was run in a
particular location.  Although it's not clear if you can access location
info as the device moves around.

Thanks again Michael.

CHEERS> SAM