(keitai-l) Re: location based gaming

From: Gerhard Fasol <fasol_at_eurotechnology.com>
Date: 04/06/04
The function I mentioned is not GPS based.
Most DoCoMo phones do not have GPS.

No: the F505i does NOT have GPS, it has finger print recognition
and lots of other stuff but it does not have GPS. You can find a
report on the F505i in our camera phone report:
http://www.eurotechnology.com/store/camera-phone/
and of course also on DoCoMo's website and elsewhere.

F505iGPS has GPS as the name indicates. This came out roughly
1/2 year after the F505i, and is part of the 505iS series.

Hope this helps,

Gerhard Fasol
http://www.eurotechnology.com/
http://fasol.com/

Sam Joseph wrote:
> Hi Michael,
>
> Thanks for that - I hadn't realised the F505i had GPS.
> Armed with that knowledge I was able to find the following.
>
> http://www.nttdocomo.co.jp/p_s/corporations/dlp/tag/
> http://www.nttdocomo.co.jp/english/p_s/products/keitai/505i/f505igps/f505igps.html
>
> Although I am not sure that Gerhard was refering to a GPS based app, and
> personally I was more interested in some generic i-area functionality
> that would work across multiple phones.

[ excessive quoting removed by moderator ]

Gerhard Fasol, PhD                         Eurotechnology Japan K. K.
fasol_at_eurotechnology.com               http://www.eurotechnology.com/
Find us in "IBM developerWorks" and in "Chemical & Engineering News":
http://www-106.ibm.com/developerworks/wireless/library/wi-elite8.html
http://pubs.acs.org/cen/topstory/8049/8049bus1.html