(keitai-l) Re: PC to Docomo email

From: Curt Sampson <cjs_at_cynic.net>
Date: 04/13/04
On Tue, 13 Apr 2004, Gerhard Fasol wrote:

> you just send an email to the docomo keitai, with the ketai
> address being something like: xyz@docomo.ne.jp

Some recipients reject mail from computers, in which case you will get a
"no such user exists" or similar message. It's not possible to tell in
this case if you got the address wrong or the person is just blocking
the mail.

> if your addressee has a MOVA (2G) phone you need to keep the message
> within 250 kanji or 500 romaji, and attachments will be discarded.

Actually, you can use up to 4000 (I think) romaji if the person has
enabled message splitting. (If you send a 700 byte message, it would be
split into a 500 and a 200 byte message when they receive it.)

> There is a problem with e-moji - these are essentially a
> competitive tool and don't work well between carriers or PC/DoCoMo.

I believe that you can send e-moji to docomo phones, but you cannot
receive them from docomo phones. They are translated to something that
looks like a thick equals sign when sent off-network.

cjs
--
Curt Sampson  <cjs_at_cynic.net>   +81 90 7737 2974   http://www.NetBSD.org