(keitai-l) Re: PC to Docomo email

From: dc <dc_at_wm.namco.co.jp>
Date: 04/13/04
from [ Curt Sampson <cjs@cynic.net> ] on [ Tue, 13 Apr 2004 19:26:29 +0900 (JST) ]
>   > There is a problem with e-moji - these are essentially a
>   > competitive tool and don't work well between carriers or PC/DoCoMo.
>
>   I believe that you can send e-moji to docomo phones, but you cannot
>   receive them from docomo phones. They are translated to something that
>   looks like a thick equals sign when sent off-network.

there are services that map emoji across carriers, so i doubt the
gateway changes the mapping.
I think this is just because you dont have the PC version of the kanji
fonts on your system (probaly cos its linux in your case) so the default
mapping for those characters is up in high-digit unicode land where the
default (on japanese systems) is a 〓〓 eq symbol... so they all look
the same.

/dc