(keitai-l) Re: Nokia warns of tough times ahead

From: Nik Frengle <nik_at_frengle.org>
Date: 04/21/04
Ken,
Panasonic released the P209is in Q1 of Y2K. A very
nice phone, probably the smallest phone ever in Japan
in terms of how it fit in your hand. And a more
clam-looking phone than I have ever seen. About the
same size as a big Oregon clam I used to dig when I
was a kid...but I diverge: Panasonic is not quite as
clueless as you indicated.
Best,
Nik
--- Ken Chang <carigate@yahoo.com> wrote:
> (1) Nokia design
> I cannot understand why Nokia doesn't like flip
> phones.  but I do
> like the design of N-Gage.  I was attracted by
> BANDAI Wonder Swan
> which was release about the same time as the first
> i-mode phones.
>
> (2) clamshell
> I think flip phone was invented in the US.  Motorola
> StarTAC used
> to be a symbol of status and the price was very
> high.  the idea was
> to extend the line between the speaker and
> microphone, probably for
> Senator John Kerry.

[ excessive quoting removed by moderator ]

=====
Nik Frengle
Mobile: +81-80-3416-3090