(keitai-l) Re: Nokia warns of tough times ahead

From: Ken Chang <carigate_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 04/22/04
(1)
Vodafone announced a new Toshiba handset V303T "KOTO" today,
http://www.itmedia.co.jp/mobile/articles/0404/22/news031.html
for those prefer less curved design.

but I'd rather want a phone all the curves, probably like this
http://www.bettyboopstore.com/product/SDBTB0001/s.kfKr7CL7

designed by Voda (new arrival)
http://www.itmedia.co.jp/mobile/articles/0404/22/news070.html

designed by Sanyo (a year and a half old but still interesting)
http://www.itmedia.co.jp/mobile/0210/02/n_next3g.html

(2)
the user experience and psychology may sound difficult to grasp,
but if you break the user interface down, they become beautiful
computer science like push/pop and Huffman coding, plus some ugly
jumpers which are fun to work with.

I heard both good and bad comments on Nokia interface but I'm not
convinced either way ...

(3)
driving on the right side of road is actually a wrong design.  but
continental Europeans and Americans come Japan to drive on the left
side (which is "natural" for most humans) and get lost.

before you evaluate a user interface, got to reset your state first.