(keitai-l) Re: Nokia warns of tough times ahead

From: Benedict Evans <ben_at_ben-evans.com>
Date: 04/22/04

Re. usability - I'd agree on panasonic and Motorola being poor (they're
easier with the Vod customisation...), but I'm frankly baffled by the idea
that the Sharp is hard to use. As for it being unusable - that seems to me
to be just plain wrong.

The problem with series 40 is that Nokia haven't worked out how to expand it
to cover all the new features they've bunged into their phones. With 15-20
first-level menu items (with only one on screen at a time), finding things
is actually really hard. Using a series 40 handset after the T610 or GX20
feels ... Cramped. So little is on the screen at a time that you have to
cycle endlessly looking for things, never knowing what will come up next.

-BGE