(keitai-l) Re: Samsung working on 5.0 megapixel camera phones

From: Gerhard Fasol <fasol_at_eurotechnology.com>
Date: 05/12/04
dc wrote:
> pretty sure there is interop between the 900 and 801 for video calls,
> but doesnt seem to be setting the nation on fire...

An article in Forbes seems to agree with dc:
http://www.forbes.com/technology/newswire/2004/05/12/rtr1368319.html

As of end April 2004 Vodafone-Japan had 151,400 subscribers for 3G
services, this is about 1% (hundred times less) as many
3G subscribers of KDDI (KDDI has 13,997,800 subscribers for 3G).

Therefore the numbers of V801SA handsets must be really really
small, maybe 10,000 or less...

> not sure what qual/framerate - that would probably be a network
> limitation.
> you can get a real fast framerate with blurry images :)

I don't know about Vodafone, but in the case of DoCoMo you
can select 32kbps or 64 kbps for the video transmission, and
you can select other transmission parameters, so you can
select which trade-off you prefer.

Gerhard
http://www.eurotechnology.com/