(keitai-l) Re: Samsung working on 5.0 megapixel camera phones

From: nick may <nick_at_kyushu.com>
Date: 05/13/04
On May 13, 2004, at 3:05 AM, keitai-l@appelsiini.net wrote:

> (1) whoa! 5.0 mega-pixels

Of course, the larger the image moved over the network, the more
revenue for the operator. So they do not benefit by increasing image
quality by improving the lens....

Link to reg article about standard to allow GDM MMS and CDMA MMS
networks to exchange messages.

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2004/05/12/mms_interop/

Link to article suggesting that Brits, and Europeans generally, shun
MMS.

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2004/05/12/brits_shun_mms/

I run a small bilingual mag aimed at Japanese (nothing big, 4000 copies
to 200 locations) as one of my sidelines, and there are HUGE cultural
differences related to the percentage of text and the percentage of
image Japanese/British readers prefer/tolerate on a page. (And the way
they then "read" those images, but that is another story.)

I personally think that the takeup of MMS in Japan IS strongly
culturally influenced and is unlikely to be copied in other countries.

Nick