(keitai-l) Re: Samsung working on 5.0 megapixel camera phones

From: dc <dc_at_wm.namco.co.jp>
Date: 05/13/04
>   I personally think that the takeup of MMS in Japan IS strongly
>   culturally influenced and is unlikely to be copied in other countries.

but MMS looks like a non-starter over here, since docomo has gone with
html ("deco") mail ... messaging systems are very prone to network effects.

Since VF is MMS (KDDI doesn't seem to have a built in messaging client
just closed Brew systems) that means we basically have two completely
incompatible systems. So rich-messaging is not going to happen over here until either Vodafone or Docomo give in to
the other..

Natsuno-san also said he does not like MMS as it is a "sender pays"
mechanism... (like voice calls I guess, but not like email - on email
both the sender and receiver pay. tho i recall it is cheaper for
receiving packets than sending them)

So it looks like operator pride will keep rich messaging out of japan
for a few years...

/dc