(keitai-l) Re: Rispondi: Re: 3G competing with ADSL in Italy

From: Gerhard Fasol <fasol_at_eurotechnology.com>
Date: 05/19/04
This was exactly my point. A "flat rate" with a daily max of 50MB
is like renting a car at SF Airport with "unlimited mileage",
where you are charged US$ 1 for every mile over 100 miles/day.

Is Vodafone really advertising this as a "flat rate"? I think they
would need to change the dictionary definition of "flate rate"...

H" flat rate is really flat rate... even if you use 1 billion MByte
there is no extra charge.

Gerhard

Arjen van Blokland wrote:
> Why do you say it is competing with ADSL?
>
> With my ADSL I don't care how much data I upload/download because it is
> flat rate. With the 'generous' 50MB a day, better be careful because for
> each MB you go over 50MB, Vodafone charges you extra. A friend of me ended
> up with a EURO 900 bill/month for using the Vodafone UMTS card in Holland.
> Needless to say this was also a 'flat rate' service but then for a month.
>
> Giovani, please test the handover between GPRS and 3G. It might take longer
> than you think. Let us know!
>
> Arjen van Blokland
> 104.com

Gerhard Fasol, PhD                         Eurotechnology Japan K. K.
fasol_at_eurotechnology.com               http://www.eurotechnology.com/
Find us in "IBM developerWorks" and in "Chemical & Engineering News":
http://www-106.ibm.com/developerworks/wireless/library/wi-elite8.html
http://pubs.acs.org/cen/topstory/8049/8049bus1.html