(keitai-l) Re: DoCoMo MelodyCall

From: Benjamin Joffe <benjamin_at_newtgames.com>
Date: 05/28/04
Koreans have been using this service for 2 years and it shows no sign of
being a fad
(though as for other services, the initial peak of 3/4 RBT a week slows
down to 1/month,
and is mainly used by young people). Korean operators charge roughly 100
JPY/month
for the basic service and another 100 JPY/song downloaded (similar to
chaku-uta prices)
and they have about 30 to 40% service penetration on 35 million users...

As for paying methods, though IVR was initially the main channel, mobile
internet and web portal
are now the main ones by far.

Last, the caller's musical taste is certainly an interesting issue, but
so is the way you dress
and any other way of showing what you like or your mood.

The 500.000 users released by DoCoMo was largely due to their initial
marketing.
However, without additional communication, people remain largely unaware
of the service
and those having knowledge of it remain reluctant because of the "what
is this music ? did I
dial a wrong number ?" problem.

Cheers,
Benjamin