(keitai-l) Re: Mobile Government Research

From: Jim Ayson <jimayson_at_gmail.com>
Date: 05/31/04
On Mon, 31 May 2004 03:25:55 +0900, ik <ik@agate.plala.or.jp> wrote:

> Dear All
>
> You may be interested in this Mobile Government Resource site:
> www.mgovlab.org where you may find various resources including articles on
> the use of mobile/wireless technologies for e-government. We have just
> posted some new articles. The titles are:

Thanks for the link - I see a lot of Philippine government SMS
initiatives are listed. A lot of government data is available as an
SMS request. In this country, SMS penetration is much higher than
traditional Internet, so e-Government has had to adapt to the
environment.

There is a downside to this though (from the consumer's point of view)
- while Internet online queries (web and e-mail) are free, SMS
requests are billed by the operators.... maybe this is why it became
popular, providing a service has become a data revenue stream. :-)