(keitai-l) Re: Opera, Opera

From: Ken Chang <carigate_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 06/10/04
though I believe that wireless contents should specially target
the mobile users and be designed from scratch (both WAP and i-mode
fall in this category) I've been looking for Opera-like browsers
because they may change the ground.

(1)
of course can view the fixed web content is better than cannot.
but I'm always curious what if people have Opera and flat-rate data,
will they use it a lot?, which we'll see soon.

navigation is a problem.  I'd like someone invent a google within
webpage to extract relative text and multimedia data for an abstract
index page.  brutal force will be needed if it cannot be done
automatically (I cannot see how it 'll be).

(2)
developing wireless content is viewed by many as low-tech, but it
could be very interesting.  one amazing thing is that many good old
things come back, like the Atari games.

for me, I'd like to implement the legendary Macintosh HyperCard as
a new wireless middleware (yes, I'm a big fan of the card decks).

there used to be some great PC software with card-like interfaces
in Japan in the 80's and early 90's.  great for a DOS screen which
is comparable to arcade coin-ops over 20 years ago and QVGA today.