(keitai-l) Re: SUICA, Felica and Edy

From: Curt Sampson <cjs_at_cynic.net>
Date: 06/25/04
On Fri, 25 Jun 2004, Benjamin Joffe wrote:

> Suica offers contactless card for transportation and proved hugely
> popular as
> (1) it does not cost anything more (nor less) than buying regular
> tickets or pass

Actually, it does cost just a little more: you initially have to pay 500
yen for the Suica card itself. After that, recharging it with train fare
or a teiki is free.

The advantages, to my mind, are:

1. You don't have to take it out of your wallet,

2. You can use it as both a teiki (commuter pass) and a "charge card"
for rides where you have to pay a fare.

3. It's studier, and thus harder to damage.

cjs
--
Curt Sampson  <cjs_at_cynic.net>   +81 90 7737 2974   http://www.NetBSD.org