(keitai-l) Re: SUICA, Felica and Edy

From: Christopher Kobayashi <chriskk_at_gmail.com>
Date: 06/25/04
> 2. You can use it as both a teiki (commuter pass) and a "charge card"
> for rides where you have to pay a fare.

This is my favorite aspect of Suica too. The terminals are amazing in
how fast they can figure out to either charge you, or let you pass
because of the teiki. But watching people fly through the gates at
Shinjuku, I can see why it would need to be this fast.

Currently to charge your Suica you need to feed the card into a
charging terminal, pay, and it spits it back out. Once we get our
keitais w/ built-in Suica, would we just put the keitai close to the
charger, and pay ... or the other way around?

How about charging it just by connecting to some type of secure net
enabled app(web/java) that connects to our bank/CC. Then we wouldn't
need to goto a charging terminal, but I'm sure they thought about this
already. It wouldn't be a direct connection between the two, you would
need to approve moving money from your bank/CC to the Suica/Edy.

chriskk