(keitai-l) Re: scripting on phones

From: <bvolk_at_bonusmobile.com>
Date: 06/27/04
There's a FORTH on the Symbian phones.  I don't know where to get it,
but I read this:

http://www.allaboutsymbian.com/archive/t-2243

If you find out more about this, let us know.  Forth would be an
excellent language for really compact mobile apps.

Bill

>The standalone newsreader was written in Forth. It works ok and allows
>reading of usenet newsgroups but it's not integrated very well into the
>9210 messaging system. So I've taken the path of investigating how to
write >an actual NNTP plugin for the messaging application.

[ excessive quoting removed by moderator ]