(keitai-l) Re: i-Mode push Technology

From: Curt Sampson <cjs_at_cynic.net>
Date: 08/07/04
On Fri, 6 Aug 2004, Ken Chang wrote:

> i-mode mail is unique in that it's neither SMS nor e-mail (have a
> look at i-shot), though it does use the e-mail address format,

It's effectively e-mail. Send an i-shot to your computer address, you'll
soon find in your mailbox a standard MIME-compliant e-mail with the
photo attached.

If you're going to argue that this is not standard Internet e-mail,
you'll also have to argue that Microsoft Exchange users are not using
standard Internet e-mail as well, because once the mail goes through the
Exchange gateway it's no longer in anything resembling RFC-822 format.

cjs
--
Curt Sampson  <cjs_at_cynic.net>   +81 90 7737 2974   http://www.NetBSD.org