(keitai-l) Re: i-Mode push Technology

From: Gerhard Fasol <fasol_at_eurotechnology.com>
Date: 08/09/04
Ken Chang wrote:
>>Nobody uses pagers or SMS etc in Japan.
> it's true that DoCoMo PDC network doesn't have SMS,
> the claim is wrong for FOMA, au/KDDI, and Vodafone.jp networks.

I would be very interested in the market share of SMS in
Japan, if you can provide that it would be a useful
contribution to this discussion.

It is no good stating how fantastic SMS is, and
how bad DoCoMo's imode email is.

If you would make a statement like:

xx% of messages in Japan is DoCoMo's i-mode email.
xx% of messages in Japan is DoCoMo's FOMA-SMS
xx% of messages in Japan is AU's email.
xx% of messages in Japan are Vodafone's long email
xx% of messages in Japan are Vodafone's SMS

that would be a useful contribution to the discussion.

Gerhard
Gerhard Fasol, PhD                         Eurotechnology Japan K. K.
fasol_at_eurotechnology.com               http://www.eurotechnology.com/