(keitai-l) Re: i-Mode push Technology

From: Frengle, Nik, VF-JP <nik.frengle_at_vodafone.com>
Date: 08/09/04
Ken,
Does the term 'gadfly' mean anything to you?
They are not rumors, though you have it wrong: Softbank, which is in the process of acquiring Japan Telecom, has also publicly stated it's interest in an TD-SCDMA license, and I believe applied in December of last year, though the last I had heard it had not been approved or denied. It is not news to anyone, unless you simply don't read the news, that Softbank is interested in the mobile market. How they go about entering it should be interesting, but I think you can forget about them acquiring Vodafone K.K.
Someone, on Channel2, I believe, have been spreading a completely silly rumor that JT will re-aquire Vodafone K.K. (as we are now known, which I think you know, Ken).
Best,
Nik