(keitai-l) Re: i-Mode push Technology

From: Curt Sampson <cjs_at_cynic.net>
Date: 08/09/04
On Sun, 8 Aug 2004, Ken Chang wrote:

> SMS is currently the only thing you can rely on for pushing.
> the i-mode mail does try to deliver directly to the handset,
> for once, and users have to check manually if it doesn't succeed.

Yeah, I'll admit that it's a slightly half-assed "push," since it
doesn't have retry. But on the other hand, that's "good enough" for most
purposes, and still a zillion times better than not having even one
attempt to push mail over to the handset.

It works well enough that I use it instead of a pager for network
monitoring.

cjs
--
Curt Sampson  <cjs_at_cynic.net>   +81 90 7737 2974   http://www.NetBSD.org