(keitai-l) Re: wireless broadband in Japan

From: Gerhard Fasol <fasol_at_eurotechnology.com>
Date: 08/12/04
Martyn,

Anything you do through your PC via the mobile phone
and video-phoning etc is outside Packet-Hodai.
You can hook up your phone to the PC and browse the
web, but for this you have to pay the packet charges.

All the email you do straight with your phone, i.e.
the email client built into your phone is included
in packet-hodai...

To be hones, my guess is that it's just a question of
time the one of the carriers will follow PHS and also
offer flat fee on for linking up your PC, but that's
really decided by competition and the market place only -
nothing else.

Gerhard

Martyn_Williams@idg.com wrote:
> Gerhard,
>
> I see .... but I still have to access the e-mail and sites (I-mode menu
> or not) from the browser on my phone right?
>
> Or can I hook up my phone to a PC and browse the web that way?
>
> Martyn
>
> Gerhard Fasol <fasol@eurotechnology.com> wrote on 08/12/2004 09:54:49:
>
>  > Martyn_Williams@idg.com wrote:
>  > >>DoCoMo does have an unlimited packet plan (pake-hodai) for FOMA
>  > >>mobiles:
>  > > But that only offers unlimited access from cellphones to I-mode sites,
>  > > right?
>  >
>  > Wrong:
>  > DoCoMo's Packet-Hodai flat rate is for unlimited access
>  > from 3G/FOMA cell-phones to anything on the internet + email
>  > including sending megapixel pictures...
>  >
>  > Gerhard

Gerhard Fasol, PhD                         Eurotechnology Japan K. K.
fasol_at_eurotechnology.com               http://www.eurotechnology.com/