(keitai-l) Re: European Z1010 UMTS phone in japan?

From: Kyle Barrow <kyle_at_pukupi.com>
Date: 08/20/04
Your mobile hardware should work as I'm using a Nokia 7600 UMTS mobile
with a Vodafone Japan USIM without problems. I've also used it
successfully with a DoCoMo FOMA USIM (Green) but DoCoMo wouldn't
provide the GPRS settings to test the data side.

Whether a European USIM will work in Japan is dependent on whether you
carrier has a roaming agreement with either DoCoMo or Vodafone Japan.

Nik may be able to shed some light on Vodafone inbound roaming. More
info on DoCoMo inbound roaming is available at
http://roaming.nttdocomo.co.jp/

Kyle

--

mobile web gear | pukupi.com