(keitai-l) Re: Which AU model to get?

From: <camacho21203_at_yonden.co.jp>
Date: 08/23/04
>i just changed to the win phone w21sa
I narrowed by selection to that model, W21SA and the Sony W21S.
In the end, I went with the Sony, for a few reasons.

* I read alot of feedback on both models on a Japanese page, and the Sanyo
seemed to have a greater amount. :)
* When testing both models, it seemed to me that the Sanyo would make you
wait a tad too long after setting something (ie the hoursglass would
appear)
* With the screen positioned in on the Sanyo, it seemed harder to realize
you have mail. (The screen twists as you know,) I could be wrong on this,
but it seemed logical to me.

The radio feature of the Sanyo was interesting, but hard to test inside a
metal
building. The camera was also better but I suppose if you want really
really high
quality images, you can always get a digicam. The Sanyo also uses miniSD
opposed
to Sony's duoMem Stick. I wish Sony would just drop this format and go with
what the rest
of the industry is using.

One thing that bug me on the Sanyo. It had a great OCR feature and
dictionary, but Sanyo
didn't really make this feature as benri as it could be. For example, in my
lowely Toshiba
phone, it has a dictionary, When you get a meaning, you can copy and paste
it into
your content. That is very handy!

Carlos Alberto Camacho
Senior Staff