(keitai-l) Re: Backing up VCard

From: Paul Lester <paul_at_thetamusic.com>
Date: 08/30/04
    You should check the file size of the VCF file and open it in a hex editor
(or another text editor)..  If the file is 0 bytes you've got a problem.

    I found that my Toshiba TuKa (TT31) address book was showing up
as blank as well.  But it was just because the data was hidden.  It was also a vcf file.
I have no idea why it was hidden!

    Try xvi32 if you don't have a hex editor... should show up on google pretty fast.

    When I click on my vcf file in windows... it asks me if I want to add each entry to my windows
address book without any new software.

    It only shows up blank as an email attachment for me.  Perhaps you are missing one of
the Microsoft Windows Update files?  Or you might need Microsoft Office?  Don't know.

camacho21203@yonden.co.jp wrote:

> I have a Vodafone J-T010 that used a miniSD. I am able to export the
> phonebook to the miniSD card as
> a VCF file. Inside my computer (PC and Mac), I'd like to be able to look at
> the phonebook. When I try
> to open the vcf card in Windows, it opens but no data appears. I haven't
> tried Mac OS X.
>
> The reason for all of this is because I plan to stop service on Vodafone
> and switch back to AU. There will
> be a one week delay until I get my new AU, so I'm going to have to enter my
> contacts/phonebook myself.
>
> So, I am trying to find a way to do this, without re-entering all the data
> by hand.
>
> I'm not too keen in buying a commercial software program for the vodafone
> to get my data out if I plan[
> to stop using it. I came across a Excel Macro on Vector Japan called
> "VcfEdit." Seemed like it would do the
> trick but it might be geared for a particular handset.
>
> Outside of building my own app, or perhaps using Filemaker, any ideas?
>
> Cheers,
>
> Carlos Alberto Camacho
> Senior Staff
> International Activities Project Team