(keitai-l) Re: AU GPS

From: David Harper <dharper_at_wirelessink.com>
Date: 08/30/04
> Also, anyone into GeoCaching?
>
>  What's that?

GeoCaching is a "sport"/"treasure hunt game." Someone places a "cache"
at specific geo coordinates (A "cache" can be a treasure - take one,
leave one or a journal/log book to be signed - "I found it!. I was
here!" etc.), then publishes "clues" and geo data as to it's location.
Others then use a gps-enabled device to zero in and find the cache.
While "GeoCaching" can be enjoyed on an individual basis for
fun/exercise, competitions can also be organized among multiple
participants where a time limit comes into play (or a series of caches
each pointing to the next.) More information can be found at
www.geocaching.com
David Harper
Co-Founder
Wireless Ink: Mobilizing the Masses