(keitai-l) Re: Pocket Kingdoms

From: Gerhard Fasol <fasol_at_eurotechnology.com>
Date: 09/20/04
alex@mo-style.com wrote:
 > :::
 > My hazy memory
 > recalls that DoCoMo are using a subscription system for usage of
 > the game with no extra charges for traffic. (Can someone verify this?)
 > :::

Alex: concerning DoCoMo's charges for data charges:
DoCoMo in principle charges for all data traffic
with very few exceptions, e.g. access to the
DoCoMo eSite, billing site etc.

However, since June 2004, DoCoMo has a "packet-houdai"
subscription where for YEN 4095 (incl tax) you get totally
inlimited i-mode data including email, email with photo-
attachments (like MMS in GSM countries) all included, i.e.
you can play Pocket Kingdoms and you can send emails with
1.3 Megapixel pictures without any additional data charge
whatsoever. However, connection to PCs and PDAs is not
included in packet-houdai.
You can find the details on DoCoMo's site, in DoCoMo's
brochures, and we also have an overview here:
http://www.eurotechnology.com/3G/
in our 3G-report we have very detailed comparisons of data
charges with graphics and comparison of data charges between
carriers in Japan, and with Europe (surprisingly 3G data
charges in Europe and Japan are quite similar):
http://www.eurotechnology.com/store/3G/

Gerhard
Gerhard Fasol, PhD                         Eurotechnology Japan K. K.
http://fasol.com/blog/                 http://www.eurotechnology.com/