(keitai-l) Re: mobile phones killing iPod (was "iPod killing Mobile Phones")

From: Curt Sampson <cjs_at_cynic.net>
Date: 10/24/04
On Sat, 23 Oct 2004, nick may wrote:

> A model that WILL work, I suspect, is being able to hears snippets of
> music through a keitai, order it through the keitai, and then
> optionally download it through other means (wifi or wired broadband).
> Does anyone have an idea of the actual cost to docomo or one of the
> other operators of a 7meg download?

I agree that the using a cellular network is probably too slow and
expensive for this kind of download, but one could give a pretty good
illusion of the same thing with your idea of doing the download through
WiFi, with the addition of putting WiFi in the phone itself, as Docomo
has already done for one product.

cjs
--
Curt Sampson  <cjs@cynic.net>   +81 90 7737 2974

***   Contribute to the Keitai Developers' Wiki!   ***
***        http://www.keitai-dev.net/wiki/         ***