(keitai-l) Re: Macromedia Flash

From: Curt Sampson <cjs_at_cynic.net>
Date: 11/11/04
On Wed, 10 Nov 2004, Benedict Evans wrote:

> I know that something like half a dozen of their handsets have Flash Lite
> embedded...

Far more than that. Flash is in all 900i, 506i, 505iS and 505i models,
about 26 phones in all.

> ...what are people doing with it? Funky animations/jokes?
> Quick-to-knock-up apps like weather tickers etc? Games?

Not much beyond nice animations, as far as I can tell. I have yet to see
a Flash app. which did something noticably better than you could already
do with animated gifs and so on.

I think that Flash could be great for fast menu navigation, if someone
could figure out a way to work it. I can dynamically generate flash in
ruby, but I've not played around with it yet. I'd be happy to sit down
with someone for a couple of hours and try to work it out, though, if
there's someone out there with a good knowledge of Flash Lite who wants
to work on that.

cjs
--
Curt Sampson  <cjs@cynic.net>   +81 90 7737 2974

***   Contribute to the Keitai Developers' Wiki!   ***
***        http://www.keitai-dev.net/wiki/         ***