(keitai-l) Re: The end of the DoCoMo 2G

From: Gerhard Fasol <fasol_at_eurotechnology.com>
Date: 11/18/04
Kyle:

it is common knowledge that the 50Xi series ends
very soon. You'll also see that DoCoMo's investments
into 2G network have essentially stopped (as they have for
PHS). I forgot where I read this first, but it's common
knowledge in the industry.

When you look at the trend of the subscriber numbers in
detail you'll also see, that in 2006 essentially all
DoCoMo users will be converted to 3G, as is more
or less the situation already now for AU.

You can plot these statistics out for yourself,
you can find the key figure of 3G conversion in
Japan here in my blog:
http://fasol.com/blog/2004/09/kddiau-has-80-of-users-on-3g.html

or you can find them plotted and analyzed and compared
with competing carriers in our newsletters or in our
3G report: http://www.eurotechnology.com/store/3G/
(I apologize that this report is not free, because it's
a lot of work to make).

Gerhard

Kyle Barrow wrote:
> No 507s ever:
> http://wireless.ign.com/articles/567/567018p1.html
> But I can find no mention of this on DoCoMo's site.
 > Can anyone confirm this is true?
Gerhard Fasol, PhD                         Eurotechnology Japan K. K.
http://fasol.com/blog/                 http://www.eurotechnology.com/