(keitai-l) Re: lust

From: Curt Sampson <cjs_at_cynic.net>
Date: 12/01/04
On Tue, 30 Nov 2004, Jonas Petersson wrote:

> > Given that you're developing for very slow systems by today's standards,
> > you'd be far better off developing on an emulator run on a fast machine.
>
> In my experience, emulators (at least for Symbian) do not work similar
> enough to real phones.

They do when you're building the phone and writing the emulator. If you
find something that doesn't work the way it ought, you fix the emulator.
Or you fix the phone.

Keep in mind that what I'm talking about is rather different from the
kind of emulator that HTML developers use to check out mobile websites.
I'm talking about an emulator that emulates the hardware, and the actual
phone software runs on it.

There's no question you have to do some final testing on the real
hardware, but doing only a thousand test runs on real hardware and doing
the other hundred thousand on the emulator makes life a lot easier.

cjs
--
Curt Sampson  <cjs@cynic.net>   +81 90 7737 2974

***   Contribute to the Keitai Developers' Wiki!   ***
***        http://www.keitai-dev.net/wiki/         ***