(keitai-l) apple/moto

From: nick may <nick_at_go-fubar.com>
Date: 12/18/04
Warning: macosrumors is a rumour site and what it prints is sometimes
wrong. However, it is an honest rumour site - I haven't heard of it
making things up - recently, at least.... In this case it is
speculating about something the bare bones of which have been widely
reported

The tech specs are probably pretty boring - but it is the seamlessness
of the user experience that is going to shake the market up, I suspect.
We are just getting to the stage where having a seamless path, with
mild DRM and backup, from website through desktop to TIMP (Thing in My
Pocket) is  going to be critical. And that is where apple will shine.

Incidentally - anyone care to comment on the user experience of the
KDDI music download system? (is it launched yet?)

Link here:
http://macosrumors.com/121704A.php

<snip>
Full Bluetooth wireless connectivity support, designed to sync
seamlessly with iSync/iCal/Address Book/Mail.app/Safari etc.

  *Able to store about "a dozen songs" on its onboard memory, and can
offload those songs to a computer or iPod.

  *Most interestingly, Apple sources say the new Apple/Motorola iPhone
will provide top-shelf support for wireless internet connectivity via
the cellular network for any Mac which is wired to the iPhone,</snip>

Nick