(keitai-l) Re: Video Streaming on Keitai

From: Erik Hörnfeldt <erik_at_hornfeldt.se>
Date: 01/27/05
You can always do cicuitswitched video to a 3G handset. Packetbased
is a bit more complicated but more and more handsets can handle
streaming of both pre-recorded and live content.

A year ago we (3 sweden) ran a mobile Big Brother service where our
users could access cameras in the Big Brother House 24 hours a day.
At the time we only had 40 - 50 000 subscrbers and perhaps half of
them had handsets that supported live streaing but during the run of
the show we had more than 400 000 live cam sessions. An incident
involving an extremly drunk young russian blonde, two guys, a
cucumber and some butter made the national tabloid press and after
that the service really took off.

When I use a Motorola A1000 i have no problem whatsoever initiating
video streams from the Internet proper.

Yrs

Erik H