(keitai-l) Re: Japaness Mobiles

From: Michael Sydenham <michael_at_bxb.com.au>
Date: 02/03/05
Hi Jose

The following (quick) answers relate to the DoCoMo java case.

> hi, there are any way to put the resources, i mean photos,
> before paking the
> aplication???
>
> Actually what i am doing is to load all the images my
> application needs, the
> first time that it is started...

Yes, you can download the resources over the air from your server (same that
the jar came from) to the scratchpad.

> And more over that i would like to know if there is any way
> to access to the
> scrachpad, like in J2ME, can i save any record in the
> scrachpad and recover
> it by name, without know the position.

There is a numerical index into the scratchpad.

See this page http://www.nttdocomo.co.jp/p_s/imode/spec/info.html

> How can i tested japanese mobiles from Spain, and there are specific
> emulatorfor each mobile>???

There is an emulator for each DoJa profile - each profile covers a range of
devices.

Regards

Michael.