(keitai-l) Re: VFX (was Re: Vappli)

From: Claus Hoefele <claus.hoefele_at_gmail.com>
Date: 02/04/05
You are right. After Vodafone introduced its new 3G models globally,
the distinction between in and outside Japan is not valid any more. To
my knowledge, the new models support what was formerly "outside
Japan". This is at least true for the Sony Ericsson V800/V802 (see
whitepaper at http://developer.sonyericsson.com). VFX is just an
umbrella term for all the Java APIs that are supported.

The specs and emulators were publicly accessible at
http://via.vodafone.com, but are now available to "Global Content
Partners" only. The Japanese specs are at
http://developers.vodafone.jp/dp (that link doesn't work at the
moment). When I last looked this had no information about VSCL, only
JSCL.

BR,
Claus