(keitai-l) success in Japan

From: Gerhard Fasol <fasol_at_eurotechnology.com>
Date: 02/17/05
Sounds trivial, but:

Foreign companies which sell what Japanese customers
want are more likely to succeed in Japan, then those
which try to change the wishes & needs of 125 Million
Japanese people.

Companies like Procter & Gamble went through this
learning curve about 20 years ago. Some European
companies are learning this today before our eyes.

Your observation that most Japanese people still
keep paper diaries is correct. You will not be
able to change this. As a foreign company you must
accept the wishes of your customers if you want
to succeed in Japan.

Gerhard

Darren Luckett wrote:
> again true. i was shocked to find that so many business Japanese people
> still use paper filofaxs. it is an odd fact that pda's aren't very
> popular here especially considering what a busy bunch of people the
> Japanese are.

Gerhard Fasol, PhD                         Eurotechnology Japan K. K.
http://fasol.com/blog/                 http://www.eurotechnology.com/