(keitai-l) Re: New Topic: Response to VF Bashing (was RE: Re: VFX (was Re: Vappli))

From: Paul Hardy <pjh_at_bushcat.com>
Date: 02/20/05
> Is this VOIP available and accessible to the ordinary
> consumer

It's everywhere. Haven't you noticed all the people with 050 numbers? I've
been messing around and also ended up with free US and UK dial-in numbers,
too. I'm just waiting for a company to ship some sample handsets and I'll
try to get all the accounts onto the one handset.

> Could I go out tomorrow and get a voip number and an account with a
> voip provider and start making voip calls with it? (All one really
> *needs* from a 3rd party for voip is integration into the PSTN system
> to receive incoming POTS calls. )

Yes, I'm surprised your ISP isn't pushing you to do it. If you don't need a
Japanese incoming number, you can do it in a bazillion ways in the next 10
minutes.