(keitai-l) Re: New Topic: Response to VF Bashing (was RE: Re: VFX (was Re: Vappli))

From: Arnold P. Siboro <asiboro_at_maltech.ne.jp>
Date: 02/21/05
I happen to be interested in this N900iL thing, and already called
icom's support staff. According to the person on the phone, as long as
N900iL can connect to their product (SR-5200VoIP2), which is compatible
with Passage Duple, you can be anywhere in this world. And to use their
product you don't need any special contract with DoCoMo (though you need
FOMA contract to get N900iL handset). You only need Fusion or OCN
contract to get the IP phone service and accordingly 050- number.

What I can understand from this is, if you give your Passage
Duple-enabled SIP server like SR-5200VoIP2 publicly accessible IP
address, then you can be off the streets and still have access to your
050 number, as long as your N900iL is connected to the internet somehow
using WiFi. This sounds too good to be true indeed, because it means
a shift of revenue from DoCoMo to Fusion/OCN/etc. But this is what I can
concluded from icom's support staff's explanation.

Anyone has really tried this thing? Without getting my hands on one of
these it's not easy to be sure.