(keitai-l) Re: Vodafone does FeliCa

From: Gerhard Fasol <fasol_at_eurotechnology.com>
Date: 02/28/05
Martyn:

your description of the whole system is totally wrong.
This is not at all how it works.

 > The system basically enables the wireless
 > transmission of an ID number and what
 > happens after that is up to whatever
 > backroom system is in place.

No! Not at all! The system works totally differently!

Its a lot more complex than you think.

Understanding the whole system takes quite a bit of
effort, since it's quite complex. You can find it
explained on SONY's websites and also in our report:
http://www.eurotechnology.com/store/walletphone/
http://www.eurotechnology.com/store/suica/

(please forgive my shameless plug. Actually,
Faculty of the Harvard Business School uses our
Wallet Phone report for research and teaching, and
one of the big companies involved to my surprise
is recommending our report around the world...)

If IDG is interested in some arrangments, please
contact me offlist.

Gerhard
Gerhard Fasol, PhD                         Eurotechnology Japan K. K.
fasol_at_eurotechnology.com               http://www.eurotechnology.com/