(keitai-l) Re: Vodafone does FeliCa

From: L. Cosh-Ishii, Wireless Watch Japan <lcosh-ishii_at_wirelesswatchjapan.com>
Date: 03/01/05
I thought this 'real-time' processing discussion was interesting
and (perhaps like Martyn) had thought it must already be done
in real-time already as well. So, this afternoon just for fun I did
a little test on my Suica card. It was near empty so re-charged
with 1,000yen and got a 'transaction history' statement printed,
the total balence on the card was now 1,030yen. I went to the
Newsday stand and bought a can of hot Royal Milk Tea, 140Y
and then trodded back to the same Suica machine to check
the balance, statment showed (2mins L8r) was 890yen on my
card. Now that would seem based on this the transaction was
in fact processed on the network in at least psydo real-time!

Lars.
L.Cosh-Ishii | Dir. Digital Media
http://www.wirelesswatch.jp